Information and Updates
• Gov.uk – For the latest government advice and guidance.
• NHS website – To find health information and advice.
• Department for Education – Information for parents/carers on the closure of schools and other educational settings.
• Doctors of the World – Advice on COVID-19 for patients in 23 languages.
• Southwark Council for Southwark residents.
• Southwark Community Resources
• Citizens Advice General advice including what to do if you cannot pay your bills because of COVID-19.
• Advice for the general public from The British Dietetic Association –
• Parentline – Southwark parents/carers can contact school nurses directly via text on 07520 631 130.
• Buttle UK – Grant programmes for young people.
• Solace Women’s Aid
• How to support autistic people.
• Advice for families caring for children with serious and complex health needs (Well Child and Carers UK)
• Advice for carers (Carers UK)
• Advice on cyber bullying (Bullying UK)
• Samaritans – For emotional support, please visit their website or contact them by email (email@example.com) or phone 116 123.
• Emergency food access – Links for people unable to afford or access food, or are self-isolating due to COVID-19.
• Southwark Foodbank – Emergency food . Please contact 020 7732 0007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lambeth Foodbank – Delivery only service operating across the borough.
• COVID-19 Mutual Aid UK – A support network for people organising or providing mutual aid in their communities.
• Southwark Emergency Support scheme – For residents facing a crisis, emergency or disaster who need help.
• Hardship Fund – A scheme to help people in debt with household bills, apply online.
• Latin American Women’s Rights Service – General Enquiries: email@example.com – House, benefits and debts: 0784 950 7463 (Monday – Friday, 10am – 12pm). Psychotherapy service: 0792 630 9514 (Monday – Friday, 10am – 1pm) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Domestic Violence/Abuse: If you require vital assistance, call 999 available 24 hours a day or the National Domestic Violence Helpline Freephone 0808 2000 247. Spanish: 0771 928 1714 (Monday – Thursday, 10am – 1pm). Portuguese: 0759 597 0580 (Monday – Friday, 10am – 1pm).
• ‘NUNHEAD KNOCKS’ local covid 19 support
0207 459 4428. www.nunheadknocks.com/help
Children & COVID-19
• Helpful information to answer questions from children (Place2Be)
• Children’s Guide to Coronavirus (Children’s Commissioner for England)
• 10 tips for Talking to your child about Coronavirus (Young Minds)
• How to Talk to Children about COVID-19 (Sam Cartwright Hatton)
• Worries about the world (ChildLine) – Advice page about children’s concerns and how to address them.
• Calm Zone (Childline) – A toolbox of activities for children including breathing exercises, yoga videos and games to help children feel calm during a period of disruption.
• NHS Live Well – Advice, tips and tools for your health and wellbeing.
• Every Mind Matters – Advice on looking after your mental wellbeing.
• Kooth Online mental health support for 11-25 year olds living in South East London
• The Nest mental health support for 13-25 year olds living in Southwark
• Coronavirus and your wellbeing (Mind)
• How to look after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak (Mental Health Foundation)
• Staying healthy – Information sheet for parents (Southwark Council)
• Looking after your mental health while self-isolating (Young Minds)
• Supporting your mental health while working from home (Southwark Council)